Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Numbers 32|
| 1 ||The Reubenites and Gadites sue for their inheritance on the east side of Jordan. |
| 6 ||Moses reproves them. |
|16 ||They offer him conditions with which he is content. |
|33 ||Moses assigns them the land. |
|39 ||They conquer it. |
Numbers 32:34 (King James Version)
And the children of Gad built Dibon, and Ataroth, and Aroer,
- Eusebius says that Dibon was a large town, near the river Arnon. Burckhardt says, that when he was about an hour's distance north of the Modjeb or Arnon, he was shown to the N
- E. the ruins of Diban, the ancient Dibon, situated in the low ground of the Koura, or plains of Moab.
- 3 ; 21:20 Numbers 33:45 Numbers 33:46
- Aroer was situated, according to Eusebius, on a mountain on the north bank of the river Arnon. This is confirmed by Burckhardt, who says it is called Araayr, and is seated on the edge of the precipice, at the foot of which the river flows.
- Deuteronomy 2:36 ; Isaiah 17:2