Jabneel [N] [H] [S]
built by God. A town in the north boundary of Judah ( Joshua 15:11 ), called afterwards by the Greeks Jamnia, the modern Yebna, 11 miles south of Jaffa. After the fall of Jerusalem (A.D. 70), it became one of the most populous cities of Judea, and the seat of a celebrated school.
A town on the border of Naphtali ( Joshua 19:33 ). Its later name was Kefr Yemmah, "the village by the sea," on the south shore of Lake Merom.
These dictionary topics are from
M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition,
published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain, copy freely.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
[S] indicates this entry was also found in Smith's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationEaston, Matthew George. "Entry for Jabneel". "Easton's Bible Dictionary". .