Abihail [N] [E] [H]
(father of , i.e. possessing, strength ).
- Father of Zuriel, chief of the Levitical father of Merari, a contemporary of Moses. ( Numbers 3:35 ) (B.C. 1490.)
- Wife of Abishur. ( 1 Chronicles 2:29 )
- Son of Huri, of the tribe of Gad. ( 1 Chronicles 5:14 )
- Wife of Rehoboam. She is called the daughter, i.e. descendant, of Eliab, the elder brother of David. ( 2 Chronicles 11:18 ) (B.C. 972.)
- Father of Esther and uncle of Mordecai. ( Esther 2:15 ; 9:29 )
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Abihail'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.