Jehohanan [N] [E] [H]
(whom Jehovah gave ), a name of which John is the contraction.
- A Korhite Levite, one of the doorkeepers to the tabernacle. ( 1 Chronicles 26:3 ) comp. 1Chr 25:1 (B.C. 1014.)
- One of the principal men of Judah under King Jehoshaphat. ( 2 Chronicles 17:15 ) comp. 2Chr 17:13 and 2Chr 17:19 (B.C. 910.)
- Father of Ishmael, one of the "captains of hundreds" whom Jehoiada the priest took into his confidence about the restoration of the line of Judah. ( 2 Chronicles 23:1 ) (B.C. 910.)
- One of the Bene-Bebai who was forced to put away his foreign wife. ( Ezra 10:28 ) (B.C. 459.)
- A priest, ( Nehemiah 12:13 ) during the high priesthood of Joiakim. ver. ( Nehemiah 12:12 ) (B.C. 406.)
- A priest who took part in the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. ( Nehemiah 12:42 ) (B.C. 446.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Jehohanan'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.