We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 1342|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|dik'-ah-yos ||Adjective |
- righteous, observing divine laws
- in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
- of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined
- innocent, faultless, guiltless
- used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life 1a
- only Christ truly
- approved of or acceptable of God
- in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them
| King James Word Usage - Total: 81|
|righteous 41, just 33, right 5, meet 2|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Dikaios". "The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon". .