We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 5316|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|faivnw||prolongation for the base of (5457)|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|fah'-ee-no ||Verb |
- to bring forth into the light, cause to shine, shed light
- to shine, be bright or resplendent
- to become evident, to be brought forth into the light, come to view, appear
- of growing vegetation, to come to light
- to appear, be seen
- exposed to view
- to meet the eyes, strike the sight, become clear or manifest
- to be seen, appear
- to appear to the mind, seem to one's judgment or opinion
| King James Word Usage - Total: 31|
|appear 17, shine 10, be seen 2, seem 1, think 1|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Phaino". "The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon". .