|Overview - 1 Chronicles 12|
|1||The companies that came to David at Ziklag.|
|23||The armies that came to him at Hebron.|
1 Chronicles 12:32 (King James Version)
And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.
- understanding of the times
- That is, as the following words indicate, intelligent men, who understood the signs of the times, well versed in political affairs, and knew what was proper to be done in all the exigencies of human life; and who now perceived that it was both the duty and political interest of Israel to advance David to the throne.
- Genesis 49:14 ; Esther 1:13 ; Isaiah 22:12-14 ; 33:6 Micah 6:9 ; Matthew 16:3
- Luke 12:56 Luke 12:57
- to know
- Proverbs 14:8 ; Ephesians 5:17
- all their
- Proverbs 24:5 ; Ecclesiastes 7:19 ; 9:18