|Overview - 1 Chronicles 23|
|1||David in his old age makes Solomon king.|
|2||The number and distribution of the Levites.|
|7||The families of the Gershonites.|
|12||The sons of Kohath.|
|21||The sons of Merari.|
|24||The office of the Levites.|
1 Chronicles 23:29 (King James Version)
Both for the shewbread, and for the fine flour for meat offering, and for the unleavened cakes, and for that which is baked in the pan, and for that which is fried, and for all manner of measure and size;
- for the shewbread
- It was the priests' office to place this bread before the Lord; and it was their privilege to feed on the old loaves when they were replaced by the new.
- 1 Chronicles 9:31 1 Chronicles 9:32 Exodus 25:30 ; Leviticus 24:5-9 ; 1 Kings 7:48 ; 2 Chronicles 13:11 ; 29:18 Nehemiah 10:33
- Matthew 12:4 ; Hebrews 9:2
- the fine flour
- 9:29-34 Leviticus 6:20-23
- Leviticus 2:4-7 ; 7:9
- or, flat plate. for all manner of measure.
- The standards of all weights and measures were in the sanctuary; and therefore the Levites had the inspection of weights and measures of every kind, that no fraud might in this way be committed. Honesty is inseparably connected with piety; and hence the Levites, being sufficiently numerous, were employed to superintend the former, as well as the latter.
- Leviticus 19:35 Leviticus 19:36 ; Numbers 3:50