|Overview - 1 Samuel 19|
|1||Jonathan discloses his father's purpose to kill David.|
|4||He persuades his father to reconciliation.|
|8||By reason of David's good success in a new war, Saul's malicious rage breaks out against him.|
|12||Michal deceives her father with an image in David's bed.|
|18||David comes to Samuel in Naioth.|
|20||Saul's messengers sent to take David,|
|22||and Saul himself, prophesy.|
1 Samuel 19:1 (King James Version)
And Saul spake to Jonathan his son, and to all his servants, that they should kill David.
- * And Saul.
- Saul's enmity now burst forth, in the avowed purpose of
- putting David to death; and nothing less than the especial
- interposition of Providence could have saved David's life,
- when every officer about the king's person, and every
- soldier, had positive orders to dispatch him.
- 1 Samuel 18:8 1 Samuel 18:9 Proverbs 27:4 ; Ecclesiastes 9:3 ; Jeremiah 9:3 ; 2 Timothy 3:13