|Overview - 2 Kings 17|
|1||Hoshea's wicked reign.|
|3||Being subdued by Shalmaneser, he conspires against him with So, king of Egypt.|
|5||Samaria for sinning is led into captivity.|
|24||The strange nations which were transplanted into Samaria, being plagued with lions, make a mixture of religions.|
2 Kings 17:1 (King James Version)
In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah began Hoshea the son of Elah to reign in Samaria over Israel nine years.
- M. 3274. B.C. 730. In the twelfth.
- In ch. 15:30 this is said to be "the twentieth year of Jotham," which Calmet thus reconciles: "Hosea conspired against Pekah, the 20th year of the reign of this prince, which was the 18th of Jotham, king of Judah. Two years after this, that is, the 4th of Ahaz and the 20th of Jotham, Hosea made himself master of a part of the kingdom, according to ch. 15:30 . Finally, the 12th year of Ahaz, Hosea had peaceable
- possession of the whole kingdom, agreeably to ch 17:1 ."
- "After an interregnum, ch 15:30 18:9 ."
- There are no entries for this verse!