|Overview - Daniel 10|
|1||Daniel, having humbled himself, sees a vision.|
|10||Being troubled with fear, he is comforted by the angel.|
Daniel 10:12 (King James Version)
Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
- Fear not
- 19 ; Isaiah 35:4 ; Isaiah 41:10 Isaiah 41:14 Matthew 28:5 Matthew 28:10 ; Mark 16:6 ; Luke 1:13 Luke 1:30 ; 2:10 24:38
- Acts 18:9 Acts 18:10 ; 27:24 Revelation 1:17
- Daniel, as Bp. Newton observes, was now very far advanced in years; for the third year of Cyrus was the 73rd of his captivity; and being a youth when carried captive, he cannot be supposed to have been less than ninety. Old as he was, "he set his heart to understand," the former revelations which had been made to him, and particularly the vision of the ram and he-goat, as may be collected from the sequel; and for this purpose he prayed and fasted three weeks. His fasting and prayers had the desired effect, for and angel was sent to unfold to him those mysteries; and whoever would excel in divine knowledge, must imitate Daniel, and habituate himself to study, temperance, and devotion.
- Daniel 10:2 Daniel 10:3 ; Daniel 9:3 Daniel 9:4 Daniel 9:20-23 Isaiah 58:9 ; 65:24 Acts 10:4 Acts 10:30 Acts 10:31
- Leviticus 16:29 Leviticus 16:31 ; Numbers 29:7 ; Psalms 69:10
- and I
- 11 ; 9:20-22 Acts 10:3-5 Acts 10:30 Acts 10:31