|Overview - Leviticus 10|
|1||Nadab and Abihu, for offering strange fire, are burnt by fire.|
|6||Aaron and his sons are forbidden to mourn for them.|
|8||The priests are forbidden wine when they are to go into the tabernacle.|
|12||The law of eating the holy things.|
|16||Aaron's excuse for transgressing thereof.|
Leviticus 10:2 (King James Version)
And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
- 9:24 16:1 Numbers 3:3 Numbers 3:4 ; 16:35 26:61 2 Samuel 6:7 ; 2 Kings 1:10 2 Kings 1:12 ; 1 Chronicles 24:2
- they died
- Numbers 3:3 Numbers 3:4 ; Numbers 16:32 Numbers 16:33 Numbers 16:49 26:61 1 Samuel 6:19 ; 1 Chronicles 13:10 ; 15:13 Acts 5:5 Acts 5:10
- 1 Corinthians 10:11
- This fire, which destroyed the sacrificers, came from the same source with that which had consumed the sacrifices.
- See ch
- They died.--The wages of sin is death.--They died suddenly--they died before the Lord; that is, before the vail that covered the mercy-seat.--They died by fire, as by fire they sinned. The fire did not burn them to ashes, as it had done the sacrifices, nor so much as singe their coats, (ver. 5) but struck them dead in an instant. By these different
- effects of the same fire, we learn that it was no common fire, but kindled by the breath of the Almighty. Isaiah 30:33