|Overview - Psalms 104|
|1||A meditation upon the mighty power,|
|7||and wonderful providence of God.|
|31||God's glory is eternal.|
|33||The prophet vows perpetually to praise God.|
Psalms 104:1 (King James Version)
Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
- This sublime poem on the works of God in creation and providence, is ascribed to David in the LXX., Vulgate, Ethiopic, Syriac, and Arabic; and as it opens and closes with the same words as the preceding psalm, it is probable that it was composed on the same occasion; and it is written as part of it in nine MSS.
- 35 ; Psalms 103:1 Psalms 103:2 Psalms 103:22
- O Lord
- 7:1 Daniel 9:4 ; Habakkuk 1:12
- art very great
- 145:3 Jeremiah 23:24 ; 32:17-19 Revelation 1:13-20
- 93:1 Isaiah 59:17 ; Daniel 7:9
- 29:1-4 96:6