|Overview - Psalms 94|
|1||The prophet, calling for justice, complains of tyranny and impiety.|
|8||He teaches God's providence.|
|12||He shews the blessedness of affliction.|
|16||God is the defender of the afflicted.|
Psalms 94:1 (King James Version)
O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
- M. 3416. B.C. 588. (Title.)
- Dr. Delaney supposes that this Psalm was written by David on occasion of his war with the Ammonites, in consequence of the indignities shewn to his messengers; but it is more probable that it was written to bewail the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple.
- God, to whom vengeance belongeth
- Hebrew God of revenges.
- O God.
- Deuteronomy 32:35 Deuteronomy 32:41 Deuteronomy 32:42 ; Isaiah 35:4 ; 59:17 Jeremiah 50:28 ; Nahum 1:2 ; Romans 12:19
- 2 Thessalonians 1:8 ; Hebrews 10:30
- shew thyself
- Hebrew shine forth.