(Shiggayon of Dovid, which he sang unto Hashem, regarding Kush of Binyamin) Hashem Elohai, in Thee do I seek refuge; hoshieini (save me) from all them that persecute me, and deliver me;
(3) Lest he tear my nefesh like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to rescue.
(4) Hashem Elohai, if I have done this; if there be guilt in my hands;
(5) If I have recompensed with evil him that held out shalom unto me; or, without cause plundered my opposers,
(6) Then let the enemy persecute my nefesh, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life to the earth, and lay mine kavod to sleep in the dust. Selah.
(7) Arise, Hashem, in Thine anger, lift up Thyself because of the rage of mine enemies; awake, o my El, to the mishpat Thou hast decreed.
(8) So let the Adat l’Umim surround Thee; and over it return Thou on high [to judge].
(9) Hashem shall judge the people; judge me, Hashem, according to my tzedek, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
(11) My mogen (shield) is Elohim, Moshi’a of the upright in heart.
(12) Elohim is a Shofet Tzaddik, and El expresses wrath kol yom.
(13) If He relent not, He will sharpen His cherev; He hath bent His keshet (bow) and made it ready.
(14) He hath also prepared for Him the instruments of mavet; He ordaineth His flaming khitzim (arrows).
(15) Hinei, he [an evil person] travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived trouble, and brought forth falsehood.
(16) He makes a pit, and digs it, and is fallen into the shachat (pit) which he made.
(17) His trouble shall return upon his own rosh, and his chamas shall come down upon his own kodkod (crown of the head).
(18) I will give thanks to Hashem according to His tzedek; and will sing praise to the Shem of Hashem Elyon.