(For the one directing. With stringed instruments. Al HaSheminit. Mizmor Dovid) Hashem, rebuke me not in Thine anger, neither chasten me in Thy hot displeasure.
(3) Have mercy upon me, Hashem; for I am weak: Hashem, heal me; for my atzmot are shaking.
(4) My nefesh is also much shaken; but Thou, Hashem, ad mosai (how much longer)?
(5) Turn, Hashem, deliver my nefesh; hoshieini (save me) for the sake of Thy chesed.
(6) For in mavet there is no remembrance of Thee; in Sheol who shall give Thee thanks?
(7) I am weary with my groaning; all the lailah flood I my mittah with weeping; I water my couch with my tears.
(8) Mine eye is consumed because of ka’as (grief); it groweth old because of all mine enemies.
(9) Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for Hashem hath heard the voice of my weeping.
(11) Let all mine oyevim be ashamed and much troubled; let them turn back and suddenly be ashamed.