1 (For the one directing. On the gittis. Of Asaph.) Sing with joy unto Elohim uzeinu (our strength); make a joyful noise unto Elohei Ya’akov.
(3) Begin a song, and bring hither the tambourine, the pleasant kinnor (harp) with the nevel (lyre).
(4) Blow the shofar at Rosh Chodesh, at the full moon, on Yom Chageinu.
(5) For this was a chok for Yisroel, and a mishpat of the Elohei Ya’akov.
(6) This He ordained in Yosef for an edut, when He went out over Eretz Mitzra- yim; where a language of one not known did I hear.
(7) I removed his shekhem (shoulder) from the burden; his hands were delivered from the basket.
(8) In tzoros thou calledst, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the seter ra’am (secret place of thunder); I tested thee at the waters of Merivah. Selah.
(9) Shema, O My people, and I will admonish thee; O Yisroel, if thou wilt pay heed unto Me;
(11) I am Hashem Eloheicha Who brought thee out of Eretz Mitzrayim; open thy mouth wide, I will fill it.
(12) But My people would not pay heed to My voice; and Yisroel would have none of Me.
(13) So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ sherirut (stubbornness); and they walked in their own mo’atzot (counsels).
(14) Oh that My people had paid heed unto Me, and Yisroel had walked in My ways!
(15) I should soon have subdued their oyevim and turned My Yad (hand, power) against their adversaries.
(16) The haters of Hashem should have cringed before Him; their et (time, fate, punishment) endures l’olam.
(17) He would have fed them also with the finest of the chittah (wheat); and with devash (honey) from the Tzur would I have satisfied thee.