|Overview - Jeremiah 42|
|1||Johanan desires Jeremiah to enquire of God, promising obedience to his will.|
|7||Jeremiah assures him of safety in Judea;|
|13||and destruction in Egypt.|
|19||He reproves their hypocrisy, in enquiring of the Lord that which they mean not to follow.|
Jeremiah 42:20 (King James Version)
For ye dissembled in your hearts, when ye sent me unto the LORD your God, saying, Pray for us unto the LORD our God; and according unto all that the LORD our God shall say, so declare unto us, and we will do it.
- For ye
- God made known to the prophet their dissimulation; which he shunned not to declare to them.
- 3:10 17:10 Psalms 18:44 ; 65:3 Ezekiel 14:3 Ezekiel 14:4 ; 33:31 Matthew 22:15-18 Matthew 22:35
- Galatians 6:7
- dissembled in your hearts
- Hebrew have used deceit against
- your souls.
- Numbers 16:38 ; James 1:22