Joah [N] [E] [H]
(whose brother (i.e. helper) is Jehovah ).
- The son of Asaph,a nd chronicler or keeper of the records to Hezekiah. ( Isaiah 36:3 Isaiah 36:11 Isaiah 36:22 ) (B.C. 776.)
- The son or grandson of Zimmah, a Gershonite. ( 1 Chronicles 6:21 )
- The third son of Obed-edom, ( 1 Chronicles 26:4 ) a Korhite, and one of the doorkeepers appointed by David. (B.C. 1014.)
- A Gershonite, the son of Zeimmah and father of Eden. ( 2 Chronicles 29:12 )
- The son of Joahaz, and annalist or keeper of the records to Josiah. ( 2 Chronicles 34:8 ) (B.C. 623.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Joah'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.