A town in the valley or lowland of Judah; formerly a royal city of the Canaanites ( Joshua 12:17 ; 15:34 ). It is now called Tuffuh, about 12 miles west of Jerusalem.
A town on the border of Ephraim ( Joshua 16:8 ). The "land" of Tappuah fell to Manasseh, but the "city" to Ephraim ( 17:8 ).
En-tappuah, the well of the apple, probably one of the springs near Yassuf ( Joshua 17:7 ).
These dictionary topics are from M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition, published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain, copy freely.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible [H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names Bibliography InformationEaston, Matthew George. "Entry for Tappuah". "Easton's Bible Dictionary". .