The Bnei Levi: Gershon, Kehat, and Merari.
(36) And Yochanan fathered Azaryah (he it is that executed the kohen’s office in the Beis [Hamikdash] that Sh’lomo built in Yerushalayim),
(37) And Azaryah fathered Amaryah, and Amaryah fathered Achituv,
(38) And Achituv fathered Tzadok, and Tzadok fathered Shallum,
(39) And Shallum fathered Chilkiyah, and Chilkiyah fathered Azaryah,
(40) And Azaryah fathered Serayah, and Serayah fathered Yehotzadak,
(41) And Yehotzadak went into the Golus, when Hashem carried away Yehudah and Yerushalayim by the yad of Nevuchadnetzar.
(6:1) The Bnei Levi: Gershom, Kehat, and Merari.
(6:2) And these are the shmot of the Bnei Gershom: Livni and Shimei.
(6:3) And the Bnei Kehat were Amram, and Yitzhar, and Chevron, and Uzziel.
(6:4) The Bnei Merari: Machli and Mushi. And these are the mishpekhot of the Levi’im according to avoteihem.
(6:5) Of Gershom: Livni bno, Yachat bno, Zimmah bno,
(6:6) Yoach bno, Iddo bno, Zerach bno, Yeaterai bno.
(6:7) The Bnei Kehat: Amminadav bno, Korach bno, Assir bno,
(28) And the Bnei Kehat: Amram, Yitzhar, and Chevron, and Uzziel.
(6:8) Elkanah bno, and Evyasaph bno, and Assir bno,
(6:9) Tachat bno, Uriel bno, Uziyah bno, and Sha’ul bno.
(6:10) And the Bnei Elkanah: Amasai, and Achimot.
(6:11) As for Elkanah, the Bnei Elkanah: Tzophai bno, and Nachat bno,
(6:12) Eliav bno, Yerocham bno, Elkanah bno.
(6:13) And the Bnei Shmuel: the bechor [Yoel], and the second, Aviyah.
(6:14) The Bnei Merari: Machli, Livni bno, Shimei bno, Uzzah bno,
(6:15) Shimea bno, Chagiyah bno, Asayah bno.
(6:16) And these are they whom Dovid set over the service of shir (song) in the Beis Hashem, after the Menoach HaAron (the coming to rest of the Ark).
(6:17) And they were the mesharetim (ministers) before the Mishkan Ohel Mo’ed with singing, until Sh’lomo had built the Beis Hashem in Yerushalayim, and then they performed their avodas [kodesh service] according to their mishpatim (regulations).
(29) And the Bnei Amram: Aharon, and Moshe, and Miryam. The bnei Aharon; Nadav, and Avihu, Eleazar, and Itamar.
(6:18) And these are they that stood [ministering] with their banim. Of the Bnei Kehati; Heman the meshorer (singer) Ben Yoel Ben Shemuel,
(6:19) Ben Elkanah Ben Yerocham Ben Eliel Ben Toach,
(6:20) Ben Tzuph Ben Elkanah Ben Machat Ben Amasai,
(6:21) Ben Elkanah Ben Yoel Ben Azaryah Ben Tzephanyah,
(6:22) Ben Tachat Ben Assir Ben Evyasaph Ben Korach,
(6:23) Ben Yitzhar Ben Kehat Ben Levi Ben Yisroel.
(6:24) And achiv Asaph, who stood at his right hand, even Asaph Ben Berechyah Ben Shimea,
(6:25) Ben Micha’el Ben Ba’aseyah Ben Malkiyah,
(6:26) Ben Etni Ben Zerach Ben Adayah,
(6:27) Ben Eitan Ben Zimmah Ben Shimei,
(30) Eleazar fathered Pinchas, Pinchas fathered Avishua,
(6:28) Ben Yachat Ben Gershom Ben Levi.
(6:29) And their achim the Bnei Merari stood on the left hand; Eitan Ben Kishi Ben Avdi Ben Maluch,
(6:30) Ben Chashavyah Ben Amatzyah Ben Chilkiyah,
(6:31) Ben Amtzi Ben Bani Ben Shemer,
(6:32) Ben Machli Ben Mushi Ben Merari Ben Levi.
(6:33) Their achim also the Levi’im were appointed unto all the avodas Mishkan Beis HaElohim.
(6:34) But Aharon and his banim presented the offerings upon the Mizbe’ach HaOlah and on the Mizbe’ach HaKetoret, and were appointed for all the work of the Kodesh HaKodashim, and to make kapporah for Yisroel, according to all that Moshe eved HaElohim had commanded.