8 (Mizmor Dovid. For the memorial portion of the mincha) Hashem, rebuke me not in Thy wrath; neither chasten me in Thy hot displeasure.
(3) For Thine khitzim (arrows) pierce me, and Thy Yad presseth upon me.
(4) There is no health in my basar because of Thine anger; neither is there any shalom in my atzmot because of my chattat.
(5) For mine avonot (iniquities) are gone over mine head; as a weighty massa (burden) they are too heavy for me.
(6) My chaburot (wounds) are foul and festering because of my wicked folly.
(7) I am bent down; I am brought low ad me’od; I go about mourning all day long.
(8) For my loins are filled with burning; and there is no health in my basar.
(9) I am feeble and broken ad me’od; I have groaned by reason of the disquietness of my lev.
(11) My lev panteth, my ko’ach faileth me; as for the ohr of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
(12) My loved ones and my re’a stand aloof from my nega [see Isa 53:8 on Moshiach’s nega]; and my neighbors stand afar off.
(13) They also that seek after my nefesh lay snares for me; and they that seek my hurt speak of ruin, and plot mirmot (deceptions, deceits) all the day long.
(14) But I, like a cheresh (deaf man), heard not; and I was like a mute that openeth not his mouth.
(15) Thus I was like an ish that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no tokhachot (reproofs).
(16) For I wait for Thee, Hashem; Thou wilt hear, Adonoi Elohai.
(17) For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should gloat over me; when my regel slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
(18) For I am ready to fall, and my sorrow is before me tamid.
(19) For I will declare mine avon; I will be in anguish over my chattat.
(20) But mine oveyim are chayyim (vigorous), and they are strong; and they that hate me sheker (wrongfully) are multiplied.
(21) They also that repay ra’ah for tovah are mine adversaries; because I pursue the thing that is tov.
(22) Forsake me not, Hashem Elohai; be not far from me.
(23) Make haste to help me, Adonoi Teshuati (L-rd of my salvation).