(For the one directing. For the flutes. Mizmor Dovid) Give ear to my words, Hashem, consider my meditation.
(3) Pay heed unto the voice of my cry, Malki v’Elohai; for unto Thee will I daven.
(4) My voice shalt Thou hear in the boker, Hashem; in the boker will I bring my prayer before Thee as a spiritual sacrifice and wait for an answer.
(5) For Thou art not El that hath pleasure in resha; neither shall rah dwell with Thee.
(6) The holelim (arrogant) shall not stand in Thy sight; Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
(7) Thou shalt destroy them that speak kazav (falsehood); Hashem will abhor the ish damim u’mirmah (bloody and deceitful man).
(8) But as for me, I will come into Thy Bais in the multitude of Thy chesed; and in Thy fear will I bow down toward Thy Heikhal Kodesh.
(9) Lead me, Hashem, in Thy tzedakah because of mine enemies; make Thy Derech straight before my face.
(11) Punish them, Elohim; let them fall by their own intrigues; in the multitude of their peysha’im cast them out; for they have rebelled against Thee.
(12) But let all those that take refuge in Thee rejoice; let them shout for joy l’olam, and spread Thou protection over them that they be joyful in Thee, who love Shemecha (Thy Name).
(13) For Thou, Hashem, wilt bless the Tzaddik; with ratzon (favor) wilt Thou encompass him as with a tzinnah (large rectangular shield).