4 (For the director. With stringed instruments. A maskil. For Dovid, when the Ziphim came and said to Sha’ul, Dovid is in hiding among us.) Hoshieini (save me), O Elohim, by Shimecha, and vindicate me by Thy gevurah (might, power).
(4) Hear my tefillah, O Elohim; give ear to the words of my mouth.
(5) For zarim (strangers) are risen up against me, and oppressors seek after my nefesh; they have not set Elohim before them. Selah.
(6) Hinei, Elohim is mine Ozer (helper); Adonoi is with them that uphold my nefesh.
(7) He shall recompense the rah (evil) unto mine enemies; in Thy emes cut them off.
(8) I will sacrifice a nedavah (freewill offering) unto Thee; I will praise Shimecha, Hashem; for it is tov (good).
(9) For He hath delivered me out of all my tzoros; and mine eye hath looked in triumph upon mine oyevim (enemies.)