7 (For the one directing. Set to Do Not Destroy. Mikhtam of Dovid, when he had fled from Sha’ul into the me’arah [cave]). Channeni, O Elohim, channeni; for my nefesh taketh refuge in Thee; yes, in the tzel (shadow) of Thy wings will I make my refuge, until these devastations pass by.
(3) I will cry out unto Elohim Elyon; unto El that fulfilleth all things for me.
(4) He shall send from Shomayim, and save me from the disgrace of him that would swallow me up. Selah. Elohim shall send forth His chesed (lovingkindness) and His emes (truth).
(5) My nefesh is among lions, and I lie even among them that devour Bnei Adam, whose shinayim (teeth) are spears and khitzim (arrows), and their leshon a sharp cherev.
(6) Be Thou exalted, O Elohim, above Shomayim; let Thy kavod be above kol ha’aretz.
(7) They have prepared a reshet (net) for my steps; my nefesh is bowed down; they have dug a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.
(8) My lev is nachon (steadfast), O Elohim, my lev is nachon; I will sing and make music.
(9) Awake, my kavod (glory, soul, life); awake, nevel and kinnor; I myself will awake the shachar (dawn).
(11) For Thy chesed is gadol unto Shomayim, and Thy emes unto the heights.
(12) Be Thou exalted, O Elohim, above Shomayim; let Thy kavod be above kol ha’aretz (all the earth).